Student Government Updates
Our new session has begun and we are so excited to bring about positive change to our community and campus. The Becerra-Castillo Administration, Senate, House, and Freshmen Council all strive to bring a fervid, ever-present, and loving passion to Student Government this year. For any and all questions on summer proceedings please call the office at (512) 245-1274.
The Student Government website has been updated!
We have made changes to our our website to ease finding information about Student Government.
- The following tabs have been moved under the Government Branches Tab:
- The President, Vice President, Chief of Staff, and the Cabinet are within the Executive Branch.
- The Senate, The House, The Freshman Council are within the Legislative Branch.
- The Courts has been renamed to the Judicial Branch.
- The newly established "Archives" tab includes: press releases from Student Government and past administration legislation, minutes, and agendas.
- The "Resources" tab's name has been changed to "Student Body Resources."
- Adopt-A-Spot has been moved under the Programs Tab. The Programs tab will now be used to access any Student Government led event or initiative
As you enter our newly updated site we apologize for any errors or information not found. We are working diligently to ensure a smooth and helpful experience. Should you find any errors or have any questions please e-mail our Chief of Staff Matthew Gonzales at email@example.com.
Student Government Office Hours
Our offices are located in LBJ Student Center fourth floor in room 4-5.1. Our doors are always open, please feel free to stop by to speak to a student government representative. The President and Vice President are often times in the office but to guarantee a meeting with them please call ahead and schedule an appointment, you can call at 512.245.1274.
President's Office Hours: TBD or by appointment.
Vice President's Office Hours: TBD or by appointment.
Chief of Staff's Office Hours: Tuesday & Thursday at 3:00-5:00 PM, Wednesday at 12:30 - 2: 30 PM or by appointment.
*subject to change depending on meeting schedules
Senate meetings are held every Monday night starting 7:00 p.m. in the LBJ Student Center Teaching Theater on the 4th floor. Students are encouraged to come voice their opinions about issues they are having during our open forum time of the meeting
House meeting are held every other Friday. Please visit the The Graduate House webpage for the current meeting schedule and meeting location. All meetings are open to the public, so students can see the difference Student Government makes at this university. Students are encouraged to come voice their opinions about issues they are having during our open forum time of the meeting.
Freshman Council Meetings
Freshman Council meetings are held every Monday evening starting at 6:00 p.m.. Students of all classifications are welcome to come express their concerns and needs to the Council during our open forum time of the meeting.
Supreme Court Meetings
Supreme Court meetings are on the second Wednesday of every month at 7:00 P.M in the Student Government office. Meetings are available to the public.